Litter threatens the health and beauty of our natural areas. Show that you care and inspire others to care by cleaning up your favorite grove, trail or shoreline.
"Litter Hot Spots" Click here for our list!
Unlimited Positions available!
Sunday: Mornings, Sunday: Afternoons, Monday: Mornings, Monday: Afternoons, Tuesday: Mornings, Tuesday: Afternoons, Wednesday: Mornings, Wednesday: Afternoons, Thursday: Mornings, Thursday: Afternoons, Friday: Mornings, Friday: Afternoons, Saturday: Mornings, Saturday: Afternoons, Season: Spring, Season: Summer, Season: Fall
Cook County IL
eCoordinator description of location
Contact person for opportunity
Volunteer Program Specialist Kevin Kuhn
Requirements & Documents
* This is your self-led project! You may lead your group on any day and at any open Forest Preserves site.
* Review the Forest Preserve's COVID-19 page before volunteering for closure information, important updates, safety precautions, and bathrooms. Stay 6 ft away from others.
* FOR VOLUNTEER SAFETY: Park only in Forest Preserves lots; walk only on Forest Preserves property; avoid moving traffic; Stay at least 20 feet away from roadsides.
* If you encounter non-emergency issues at a site call the Forest Preserve police at 708.771.1001 or in case of emergency, 911. Do not confront visitors.
* Collection of plants and animals is strictly prohibited. This includes harvesting firewood; collecting mushrooms, wildflowers or other wild plants and their seeds; and otherwise removing or damaging any plants or trees.
* Bring your own snacks and water bottles.
* Place trash in Forest Preserves trash bins in parking lots. If blue recycling bin present, use it. If bin is overflowing, please find another trash can to dispose of litter.
* We provide disposable gloves and bags to groups. You are welcome to bring pick-up tools, if you have them. Get creative! Old salad or barbecue tongs work!
* Please record group volunteer hours online in your profile after workday.
* Customize your day by adding fun group educational & recreational activities
* Once you apply for this Opportunity, a staff member will contact you to confirm details of your group workday and where you can pickup your disposable gloves and bags.
Be prepared to tell us:
1. Your preferred date and time; typically 2-3 hours any day between March and November.
2. Estimated number of volunteers in your group. Max # 100; 30 or less is preferred at any one FPCC site.
3. Your preferred site. Please choose from Forest Preserves online map: https://map.fpdcc.com/