Did you know the oak woodland is more endangered than the tropical rain forest? Won't you help us remove invasive plants so the oaks can have sunlight and space once again? Gloves, tools, goggles, and light refreshments are provided.
Unlimited Positions available!
Saturday: Mornings, Season: Spring, Season: Summer, Season: Fall, Season: Winter
9800 Willow Springs Rd Little Red Schoolhouse Nature Center
Willow Springs IL, 60480
Contact person for opportunity
Naturalist Karen Garrett
Requirements & Documents
All individuals should consider their level of risk for the COVID-19 virus prior to engaging in any volunteer service.
Review the Forest Preserve''s COVID-19 page each day before volunteering for important updates and safety precautions.
DO NOT attempt to volunteer if in the last 14 days you:
1. have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control
2. have traveled to any foreign country or states with a high incidence of COVID-19 infections
Staff and volunteer leaders will implement protocols to ensure physical distancing, glove and mask usage, and tool sanitizing.
Wear all essential personal protection equipment (PPE) including a face mask.
Always keep a minimum distance of six feet from other volunteers.
Plan accordingly, as many public restrooms are closed.
Bring your own gloves, snack, water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, and hand sanitizer.
* Volunteers will help staff remove invasive species along trail using loppers and bow saws
Dress appropriately for the weather.
* Youth 10-14 yrs old must be accompanied by a participating adult
* 15-17 year olds can volunteer with a parental consent waiver (View and print attachment "document")
* Not appropriate for court appointed community service