This is the Notification List for the Managing Invasives class, a training opportunity for experienced FPCC Ecological Stewardship Volunteers with 15+ hours of reported stewardship experience or the recommendation of FPCC staff or a Site Steward.
To register for the Managing Invasives IN-PERSON class on February 17, 2019, register here.
Unlimited Positions available!
Requirements & Documents
This class is typically offered in Spring and Summer.
To see if there are any available dates, click on the website at the bottom of this page.
* Learn the difference between native, non-native and invasive plants
* Learn how to identify invasive plants commonly encountered at stewardship sites
* Learn best management practices and how to effectively treat invasive species
* Training includes classroom experience and outdoor field component
* Certification requires passing a written exam and two field observations
* Fulfills one of the three class requirements to become a Stewardship Workday Leader
* MUST HAVE RECORDED AT LEAST 15 HOURS ONLINE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
Click "SIGN UP" to be put on a wait list and you will be notified when a class is posted and you can sign up for it (about 45-60 days before the class date).