This is the Notification List for the Brush Pile Building & Burning Class, a training opportunity for experienced FPCC Ecological Stewardship Volunteers with 15+ hours of reported stewardship experience or the recommendation of FPCC staff or Site Steward.
To register for the Sunday, February 17 class click here.
Unlimited Positions available!
Requirements & Documents
This class is offered several times throughout the year.
To see if there are any available dates, click on the website at the bottom of this page.
* Learn how to properly construct, safely ignite, monitor and secure brush piles
* Learn the pre and post-burn communication requirements
* Learn how to utilize weather data and to make site observations that will inform decisions at workdays
* This class, a written test and two field observations are required to become a Brush Pile Burn Boss
* Fulfills one of the three class requirements to become a Stewardship Workday Leader
* MUST HAVE RECORDED AT LEAST 15 HOURS ONLINE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
Click "SIGN UP" to be put on a wait list and you will be notified when a class is posted and you can sign up for it (about 45-60 days before the class date).