This is the Notification List for Chainsaw Training - Safety Assistant, a training opportunity for experienced FPCC Ecological Stewardship Volunteers with 15+ hours of reported stewardship experience or the recommendation of FPCC staff or a Site Steward.
Unlimited Positions available!
Requirements & Documents
* Classroom and fieldwork experience provide an overview of safe and effective chainsaw operation at FPCC Stewardship Sites and basic maintenance
* Feller I sawyers may fell trees up to 6" DBH when expressly permitted in a site's management schedule
* The Classroom portion and a written exam will certify you as a Chainsaw Safety Assistant
* Feller I position requires a FPCC Resource Management-administered field observation and skills test
* Kevlar boots and other PPE will be provided for the field observation
* MUST HAVE RECORDED AT LEAST 30 HOURS ONLINE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
To see if there are any available dates, click on the website at the bottom of this page.
Click "APPLY" to be put on a wait list and you will be notified when a class is posted and you can sign up for it (about 45-60 days before the class date).