This is for any Forest Preserves volunteer, new or experienced, to record their hours for picking up litter at any site and at anytime the Forest Preserves is open.
During COVID crisis, please only volunteer with your immediate household members. Please do not gather groups of volunteers who are outside your immediate household.
Volunteers look great in masks!
Link to Litter Hotspots List
Unlimited Positions available!
Sunday: Mornings, Sunday: Afternoons, Monday: Mornings, Monday: Afternoons, Tuesday: Mornings, Tuesday: Afternoons, Wednesday: Mornings, Wednesday: Afternoons, Thursday: Mornings, Thursday: Afternoons, Friday: Mornings, Friday: Afternoons, Saturday: Mornings, Saturday: Afternoons, Season: Spring, Season: Summer, Season: Fall
Requirements & Documents
Review the Forest Preserve's COVID-19 page each day before volunteering for closure information, important updates and safety precautions. Closed sites are not accessible to volunteers.
* Wear all essential personal protection equipment (PPE) including a cloth mask.
* Keep a minimum distance of six feet from other visitors at all times.
* Avoid touching communal surfaces such as picnic tables. Wash hands frequently and use hand sanitizers.
* If you observe issues at a site, including illegal parking, overcrowding, or groups congregating, call the Forest Preserve police at 708.771.1001 or in case of emergency, 911. Do not confront visitors.
* Please report any poaching to the Forest Preserve police. Collection of plants and animals is strictly prohibited. This includes harvesting firewood; collecting mushrooms, wildflowers or other wild plants and their seeds; and otherwise removing or damaging any plants or trees.
* Bring your own snack and water bottle.
* Not all restrooms are open, plan ahead by checking the website
* If Forest Preserves trash cans are overflowing, please find another trash can to dispose of litter.
* Follow any additional Federal and State Guidelines.
* ID Badge and/or volunteer apparel is not required but is recommended.
* Please bring your own supplies; gloves, bags, and pick-up tools, if you have them. Get creative! Old salad or barbecue tongs work! At this time, tools and supplies are not being provided by Volunteer Resources staff.
* Please record your volunteer hours online in your profile after each volunteer time!