Thank you for your interest in this program! At this time, we are no longer assigning sites for adoption. You may sign up for a similar opportunity, SOLO
**Make a commitment to a grove, river, lake, or trail and clean up litter at your adopted site from April thru November. We will help you choose a site and provide an Adopt-A-Site kit with everything you need for your cleanups.
Unlimited Positions available!
Sunday: Mornings, Sunday: Afternoons, Monday: Mornings, Monday: Afternoons, Tuesday: Mornings, Tuesday: Afternoons, Wednesday: Mornings, Wednesday: Afternoons, Thursday: Mornings, Thursday: Afternoons, Friday: Mornings, Friday: Afternoons, Saturday: Mornings, Saturday: Afternoons, Season: Spring, Season: Summer, Season: Fall
Contact person for opportunity
Volunteer Program Coordinator Joanna Huyck
Requirements & Documents
Just about anyone can take part: individuals, families, schools, youth groups, civic groups, clubs, organizations, fraternities, and faith groups
Conduct at least 8 litter cleanups per year, or once per month April to November.
The Forest Preserve District will:
* Install an adoption sign at the site after you complete your 8 cleanups
* Provide necessary permits and safety information
* Provide trash bags and gloves
* Offer ongoing access to knowledgeable staff as a resource
* Collect and dispose of filled litter bags and other debris cleared from the adoption site
A Coordinator will help connect you to an available site when you sign up for the opportunity.